What I Learned

These are the things I have learned from Giants in our life and I wanted to share them with you.

Hi. My name is Scott Schilling, an Executive Coach, International Trainer, and Speaker with 35-plus years of life experience in coaching, sales, marketing, and training to corporations, business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals.

I have presented at over 2500 live events and shared the stages with many other experts in different fields. Today, I'm going to share with you my personal stories with these people who have impacted me and others in our pursuit of HAPPINESS/WEALTH/HEALTH/SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP.

HEALTH

This is your physical being, your mental being and your spiritual being. Without health, what do you have? Not much! As a person who has lived through a near-death experience, you realize how fragile life can be! Walking along with friends one minute, standing on two tingling stumps the next.

In many of my presentations, as we come to this physical piece, I ask the audience the question, “How many of you are planning to stay in your body the rest of your life?”  Most people raise their hands.  

The fact of the matter is you only have one body. Let that sink in. If you trash it, you're done. You can have all the money in the world and if you don’t have your health, the only thing you want is your health.  Without your health, nothing else is truly possible.

WEALTH

You must do everything you possibly can to create as much wealth as you possibly can. The reason is you are infinitely capable and able. If you don’t do that, you are leaving potential untapped. It is up to you to use all your God-given talents and ability to generate your best possible life and financial position.

Wealth not for wealth’s sake, but first and foremost, to buy freedom. Getting out of the rat race has always been important to me, and to be honest, it was the primary driver to start my first startup.

But financial independence is just a steppingstone. It’s not the end goal. It buys time and gives you space. And then, the task becomes: how to allocate this space. I’m currently in the process of thinking beyond my own freedom. How can I allocate my excess wealth, to do the most best possible to serve the greater good?

HAPPINESS

Happiness is about creative expression. It is about new experiences and continual expansion. Having unlimited capacity for learning and growing.

Happiness is also about a sense of contentment and peace of mind. Being content with what is and what we have. Breaking free from the hamster wheel of life.

This is your give-back that also establishes part of your legacy. What do you want people to say about you? More importantly, how do you want people to feel about you? When we meet, I want to be an A.S.S.E.T. to everyone I meet. A.S.S.E.T. is a five-letter acronym for a spontaneous servant every time. I want to be a spontaneous servant every time I meet somebody.

The chances of you needing to retain me the first time we meet is maybe 5%, but the chances of you needing to know somebody I know or something, I know it’s probably 95%. Become an asset to the other person. Serve them. Position yourself in that place of service. Become known as the clearing house on information and/or connections.

SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP

By definition, Social Entrepreneurialism is when a for profit entity takes on the role of a nonprofit task. It is using capitalism to serve the greater good. There are many examples today of organizations that have taken it upon themselves to donate products goods and services to serve those in need.

Examples include Toms shoes where for every pair of shoes purchased a pair of shoes is donated to someone in need. Similarly, Bombas Socks, which paralleled the concept when somebody purchased a pair of socks, they gave away a pair of socks, has now expanded into T-shirts and underwear as well.

The concept is quite simple. Utilize whatever products goods or service you have to gain access two additional products goods and services that can be donated or shared with those in need. Social entrepreneurialism is a thought and a feeling of doing what you can do within the systems you have to make a positive impact wherever you can. Our encouragement to you is to go the extra mile, explore the possibilities, and do what you can do to make the world a better place through your efforts.